Pages

July 27, 2012

Summer Blockbuster


Summer kidnapped me and left the blog Home Alone, but the only thing breaking into this house was The Usual Suspects:  vintage finds, re-up projects and a compulsive re-arranger (that would be me).

If you recall, the fabulous coffee table find created The Perfect Storm to redecorate, and plunge into a creative Matrix around here.

Remember me? (don't pay attention to the background...work in progress)
Mission Impossible this was not.  Moving art, and furniture from one room to another until Twilight and beyond is Much Ado About Nothing for me.  It’s Love, Actually.

Here’s a little sneak preview of the coming attraction in the den:
I can’t wait to show you photos of the ‘final cut”!
Until that project's finished, here’s a little Hide and Seek fairytale to celebrate the end of my summer hiding.
 
Who's hiding now?  (note the zebra hide on the floor & french chair in
the corner - an ebay find waiting for her knight in shining new upholstery) 
Once upon a time a Sleeping Beauty was resting on the living room floor.  Things around the house got a little Tangled.  Yes, the hide from the floor is now on the chair.  From Cinderalla to Beuty and the Beast:
   
Thus, The Never Ending Story of my house (ha ha).  More on the shake up soon.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hahahaha hilarious! So glad to have you back. That chair is stunning, as is your whole house!
xoxo -e (modern24seven)

My Interior Life said...

Oh, Katherine, it's looking fab. That chair is insanely good, and you know I would die for that coffee table! I recently just got some leopard lumbar pillows for my slipper chairs and love them. Can't wait to see more! And your clever movie references were so creative. That must have taken some time in and of itself!

lemondropdreams said...

I just saw this at Clementine & Olive...scrumptious! Love it!

izaandleyla said...

can't believe this, your last picture the zebra chair, I bought also a second hand one and got the skin from zara and upholstered it , it is so similar to yours. Just wanted to share. unbelievable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...